i've been busy, busy lately. i've opened up my etsy shop! yay! ok, so i only have a few things in there, BUT i am working on it. i've had some orders on the side, so that's keeping me busy too. when i first started out making jewelry, all i made was beaded stuff. then when i learned about stamping i was in love at first stamp! it was new and so fun. i still love making beaded jewelry, but there's something about stamping jewelry that challenges me in different ways. i also see people's reaction to a stamped piece and it's so much more personal to them. something they can keep for a long time and it has more meaning when they wear someone's name on a piece of jewelry. so i'm left satisfied and happy that i made someone happy. just like any artist, you start out experimenting and eventually you learn to find your style. i'm still in there somewhere, experimenting and learning and loving. i've had the best support form people and it feels so good. can i make a living at doing this? i would love to. i know that in my soul, creating is my passion. it makes me feel alive and excited. the possibilities are endless. i hope that in the future i can look back at these blog posts and say "wow, look how far i've come". come and visit my etsy shop, and tell me what you think! like i said, i'm slowly adding more. working outside the home, three little ones, and a hubby keeps me very busy and i try to create whenever i get a chance. hopefully soon i can just do this for a living! all i can do is leave it up to God, show up and the rest is not in my control. amen to that!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
in the beginning of this year i promised myself that i would do things that i was afraid to do. they may seem like nothing to some people, but to me..they were a little scary. here are some of the things that i did on my little "fearless journey" i'm still adding to it..
- decided to officially start my own jewelry making business, and did
- launched a blog/site for my bizz/got bizz cards (finally)
- went jet skiing (so fun, i so recommend it)
- didn't ask hubby to help me kill the scary bugs (as much) this year. ha!
- leaned to say 'no' when i felt the need (still working on that)
- went down a long, curvy water slide-now that was a little scary. but my first time & i did it!
- drove to another town and got lost (i hate getting lost) and did not freak out-amazing.
- shared some of my art with people
- reached out and made a friend through blogging
- trusted in God more. when things seemed all wrong, i tried to keep a positive attitude and trust that God would see me through those times, and He did. Amen to that.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
shop today. i hope you can stop by and visit.
Friday, October 15, 2010
i am loving this closet here. i found it on d.i.y and fell in love. so, so cute and the colors in here are just the best! my lil' ky has a very small closet, but one day she may have something like this and just may want to live in here! i know i do...
Monday, October 11, 2010
i love fall fashion. i just love to layer different pieces and i love the fact that i can walk outside in a cute jacket and not freeze my tush off. anthropologie has always been a favorite of mine, but only for inspiration (they tend to be on too much of the pricey side for sweet 'ol cheap me). plus, i love a bargain and have always loved a challenge (especially when it comes to fashion) here are a few pieces i'm feelin' for the fall.
i do. i love him and he is my best friend. 13 yrs and going strong. we support each other and every time we hit a bump in the road, we come back even stronger. some things i love about him. he....
- is cool, i mean really, he is
- always changed poopy diapers, and never complains
- gets me
- takes time out to look at all my creations, and tells me what he think
- is very calm- i'm more hyper and he stays calm no matter what situation we're in
- is a very good listener (i know)
- doesn't judge people
- loves the same kind of music i do
- loves his mother
- appreciates women, thinks we're awesome human beings
- is very respectful of others
- doesn't gossip
- is mine
- makes my coffee!!! oh yeah
i have to say that we had a very laid back, but productive weekend. i hope you had a good weekend, too!