Wednesday, August 25, 2010

love~

(painting by me, hangs in my bedroom)

these past couple of days have been trying. i lost a dear friend and my heart is sad. going through this has made me think about a lot of things in my life. i think that mostly, it has taught me to say "i love you". i've been such a lucky girl, surrounded by people that love me and truly care about who i am. people who have my best interest at heart. those people know who they are and they know that i love them. nothing has changed about that. the only thing that has changed is that i want to start saying it more. sometimes it takes something sad to happen to help us reflect on the people we love. i want to start looking at moments differently, with more care, more attention. i want to start saying "i love yous" more. i want the people that i love to know that because life is so short and we never know what tomorrow brings. so, i want to live and laugh. and oh, i want to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment